Tuesday, November 11, 2014

COAE Administrator Announces Retirement


Retirement announcement, with and a smile at the end.
Is this email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser.

Greetings Members,

It is with mixed feelings that I announce my decision to retire as your Administrator effective December 31, 2014. Working with you all has brought me much joy. Helping the Council to grow has been a privilege. I am departing just two months shy of ten years; how can the time gone by so quickly?! That’s what happens when you love what you do.

I’m leaving now for a few reasons. First and foremost, my family needs more of me now. Also, there are two periods in the Council’s year when things are slow: November/December and July/August. And finally, while I’m very proud of what we have accomplished together, I believe it’s time for new staff leadership to take the Council to the next level.

This will be my second retirement. The first was on the eve of the new millennium. I happily squandered time at home with my then-new (first and only) husband. By the time I woke up from my lethargy, the economy had eaten a chunk of my nest egg so I started doing some project work. As one assignment came to a close, Colin Garwood at LDA told me the Council was going to hire a part-time administrator. He thought it would be a good fit for me. I thought so too, and happily, so did the Search Committee. I started on March 9, 2005.

I had been a member of the Council when it first started, two years before my first retirement. My entire career was in nonprofits: Girl Scouts (field director), Catholic Youth Organization (program coordinator, program director, Executive Director), Mary M. Gooley Hemophilia Center (President and CEO). I think it’s a calling to work happily in the nonprofit sector. It’s not for everyone, but it certainly has been for me.

I have enjoyed the tasks associated with being your Administrator, but even more than that I have enjoyed the people with whom I’ve worked. Council members are among the brightest minds and biggest hearts in our community. What an extraordinary group!

The Executive Committee will plan a search process; stay tuned for those developments, and be thinking about someone you may know who could be a candidate.

Yes, you will hear less from me. But I’ll still be around here and there. Actually, under the new Associate Member program, I can join as a past member! But I’ll let the dust settle first. Until then, thanks for your support and encouragement. I look forward to hearing great things about you each, and about the Council.

Thanks,
Joyce

 -- 
Joyce M. Strazzabosco
Administrator
Council of Agency Executives
P. O. Box 10547
Rochester NY 14610-0547

Remember...

No comments: